I am honoured to present to you Mr. Brodie Dwyer (Player ID 17423), who has ascended into Legend status.
An Ipswich (Australia) institution (he has played 273 games for the mighty and fearsome “The 2nd XI”), an Aus Champs force, and Australian representative, Brodie has lit the LMS world up since 2010, racking up 363 games in that time.
Brodie is a friend of mine, we have chatted cricket over beers many times these past few years, and his calm, rational demeanour punctuates everything he does on and off the field.
Mate, congrats from me and the LMS community, you are where you belong.
BATTING – A TOUR DE FORCE
Brodie is a tall, elegant left-handed opener/top order bat. He reads the state of play and conditions well, sets up platforms with panache, and moves through the gears with aplomb.
Let us look under the hood of Monsieur Dwyer:
* Games – 363
* Innings – 359 (bats in 99% of games)
* Runs – 12,337
* Not outs – 150 (1 every 2.4 inn)
* Average – 59.0
* Balls faced – 7,348 (or 1,469.3 overs)
* SR – 168 runs per 100 balls (scores at 8.4 an over in 5 ball overs)
* 50s – 142 (1 every 2.5 inn)
* 100s – 2 (top score 157* off 65)
Comment: Lest we forget that Brodie has achieved these numbers playing in top-end tournaments and for Australia, no less. Since 2017, Brodes has scored a frightful 7,017 runs at the ridiculous average of 69.5 and at a crisp SR of 172 (8.6 an over in 5 ball overs), with 88 x 50s (1 every 2.4 inn) and both his 100s. In the years 2010 – 2016 he scored 5,320 runs @ 49.3, so he only continues to expand and improve.
BOWLING – DON’T SLEEP ON THIS
Brodie is a batsman, plain and simple. That said, he kept for Australia and has also achieved these numbers with ball in hand!
* Innings – 277 (bowls in 74% of games)
* Overs – 785.1
* Wickets – 224
* Average – 27.0 runs per wicket
* Econ – 7.67 runs per over
* SR – 17.5 balls per wicket
* 5-fas & 3-fas – 1 x 5-fa, 15 x 3-fas (best bowling 5/11 off 3.2)
Comment: See what I mean?
* 40 catches
* 3 stumpings
* Kept for Australia
Comment: Because of course he keeps when needed (and well.)
All together now:
* Bat: 12,337 runs @ 59.0 – SR 168 [8.4], 142 x 50s, 2 x 100s
* Ball: 224 wkts @ 27.0 – Econ 7.67, SR 17.5, 15 x 3wi, 1 x 5wi
* Gloves: 40 catches + 3 stumpings
Comment: The +32.0 gap between his bat and ball averages says it all
Congrats mate, looking forward to our next cold one and proud of you man.
Brodie player profile: https://www.lastmanstands.com/cricket-player/t20?playerid=17423