This refers to section three of the LMS Rules.
A.) League Table points
There are four methods to score points on the league table:
- 6 points for a win
- 4 points for a tie or rained out game
- 2 bonus points 20% rule "win v loss"
- 1 point for LMS Shirt
- 1 Point for LMS Trousers
If teams are tied on points, the log is decided on NET RUN RATE (NRR)
B.) Bonus Points 20% Rule
To receive bonus points the winning team has to win by a margin of more than 20% and the losing team needs to lose by a margin of less than 20.1%. Therefore only one team can get the 2 bonus points on offer.
If Team A bats first and score 100. They then bowl Team B out for 79, Team A receives the bonus points.
If Team A bats first and score 100. Team B then scores 101, before 16 overs are COMPLETED in the innings, Team B receives the bonus points. So to clarify... the score needs to be chased down before the 80th official ball is bowled in the innings. If the score is chased down in 79 balls then you get the bonus points. If the score is chased down on the last ball of the 16th over (ie 80th ball) you do not get the bonus points.
D.) Clothing Bonus Points
To receive clothing bonus points, a team must have official Last Man Stands coloured shirts and/or matching shorts (or trousers, pants, longs etc). All 8 players must be in uniform shirts or bottoms.
The umpires decision is final.
- 1 point for matching LMS Shirts
- 1 point for matching Trousers/Shorts
E.) Rained Out / Cancelled Games
- No clothing bonus points for rained out games if the game does not start. If the game starts but is not completed, then clothing bonus points will be allocated based on the team's dress.